Friday, April 4, 2014

1Top 3Days~Day 2

Hello there! For day two of the 1Button Down| 3Ways| 3Days challenge I chose a simple outfit...no jewelry and no shoes! If you missed yesterday's post be sure to check it out.
I wore a pair of capris rolled up with a white tank and my button down blouse tied into a little knot. I noticed yesterday that most of the ladies participating chose to also wear their button downs tied in a knot; I guess great minds do think alike! :) Since this seemed very "country girl" I chose to wear my hair in two braids and go barefoot! It being pretty warm in the South it was nice to just let my feet "go free" for a little while. I loved this simple outfit; it reminds me very much of Debbie Reynolds in Tammy and the Bachelor. All I'm missing is the rope around my waist...and the goat! ;)
Be sure to visit the Boyer Family Singers, Bramblewood Fashion, Fresh Modesty, and Creations by Callie to see how they styled their button downs.

My Outfit
Button down shirt: thrift store; $4.00
Capris: Old Navy{via Goodwill}; $3.00
White tank: Wal-Mart; $2.00

Have you ever scene Tammy and the Bachelor? Do you ever go around barefoot? What's the weather like where you live? Please leave your comments below!

In Christ,
~Sarah~

PS: Just a little note, technically this shirt should be called a button up{not down} according to my mother, who knows a great deal about fashion, a button down shirt is a shirt{usually a man's} with a collar that buttons down to the shirt so it won't flap. A button up shirt can be any shirt that buttons up whether or not it has a collar. Just a little fashion note for you all! ;)

8 comments:

  1. Hi there Sarah! I am Paige's mom, Lisa. You are so cute and funny. I love your post! Have a great evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Lisa! That's one of the best compliments...cute and funny! ;) You have a wonderful evening too and so glad you liked the post!

      Delete
  2. Cute country outfit! :) I've never seen Tammy and the Bachelor, but it looks like fun. I usually prefer to wear socks, but sometimes I go around the house and in the backyard - and on the beach! - in bare feet. The weather here was actually sunny and somewhat warm today. :) You?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige! Tammy and the Bachelor is such a cute film! I used to never go barefoot but after living in TN for a year with a bunch of children who hardly ever wear shoes...I guess it just rubbed off on me! ;) Glad to hear the weather is nice there; it's one of those cloudy and grey days here. I still enjoy them though! :)

      Delete
    2. Hee, hee, makes sense! :) And that's a good attitude to have about the weather!

      Delete
    3. Ha! Thanks...well no one can change it so might as well be happy with whatever the weather is like! Although I do tend to get a little frightened when a bad storm comes in, but I guess that's natural. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Sarah! This is a wonderful outfit! When i first saw it, my first thought was 50s farmgirl. I also was delighted at the mention of Tammy and the Bachelor, because i literally just watched that movie and loved it. In my mind she portrayed my very favorite ideas of 50s fashion, capris and braids to her darling dresses.
    We've had a few hit and miss warm days, so i haven't been able to go barefoot that much, though i'm definately looking forward to it. Thats one of my very favorite parts of spring :)
    thanks for stopping by my blog today. i've had fun poking around your blog! Its very lovely. So nice to meet other vintage loving gals who are all so dedicated to the Lord and serve Him by dressing modestly.
    keep up the great work :)
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abigail, for the sweet comment and following my blog! By the way, Abigail is my middle name so love yours! ;) Haha, so funny you just watch Tammy and the Bachelor and yes loved her clothes. So glad we have "met" each other and looking forward to reading more posts on your blog!

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~