Saturday, April 5, 2014

1Top 3Days~Day 3

Hello again! If you've been keeping up with my blog then you know that I'm participating in the 1Button Down| 3Ways| 3Days challenge! It just so happens that today is the last day of the challenge. :( It has been so much fun rethinking how I can wear this button up top. Today's outfit required me to get very creative with how I styled my button up shirt{not button down...if you read my day two post you know why it's a not a button down}. I think this is by far my favorite outfit out of all three!
So are you wondering where my button up shirt is? Take a close look at my head. That's right I wore the shirt on my head...I told you I had to get creative! ;) I actually got the idea from Callie's{Creations by Callie} introduction post on to the challenge. To quote her she said, "...just so long as the chosen button-down is included in each outfit in some way{you could wear it on your head if you wanted! Special points to the person who actually does that!}". So Callie do I get those special points? ;)
This is my "I'm a mysterious gypsy" look...I think I need some more practice!
As soon as I put the shirt on my head{that sure is a funny thing to say!} I thought this looks like a gypsy. I first put on my bohemian style skirt with a simple black top. Then I put some scarfs around my waist which gives it that distinct gypsy look. The next step was to pile on the jewelry so on went my only pair of dangly clip-on earrings, tons of bracelets, and two multi-strand necklaces. And as in my second outfit I went barefoot. This outfit is kinda' more of a costume to me, but if I ever got the courage I might...just might...wear it to something other than a costume party! ;) Be sure to check out the Boyer Family Singers, Bramblewood Fashion, Fresh Modesty, and Creations by Callie for their outfits!

My Outfit
Black skirt: gift from friend; free
Black top: thrifted; $2.00
Button up shirt: thrifted; $4.00
Blue scarf: borrowed from Mom; free
Multi-color scarf: Dollar General; free{read story about it here}
Red multi-strand necklace: I think I got from my Mom; free
Gold multi-strand necklace{it's vintage!}: local senior center{which sells things to raise money for the center}; $1.00
Bracelets: also think I got from Mom; free
Earrings: Claire's; ???

How do you like my outfit? Ever worn a shirt has a headscarf? Would you ever wear this kind of outfit to something other than a costume party? Please leave your comments below!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~





8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really creative! I would never have thought of using the shirt like that, and you definitely should get special points :) As for wearing that kind of outfit for everyday use, I wear headcoverings for church, so I might wear a tiny bit toned-down version of an outfit like that for church.

    I love how your makeup matched the look too... I'm trying to get better at doing that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Very neat that you wear head coverings; I don't wear head coverings so this was a lot of fun for me and very different. If you ever do decide to wear an outfit like this please be sure to post it...I would love to see it! I enjoyed your blog posts on how you styled your shirt for the event! :)

      Delete
  2. Haha! You are so clever Sarah. :) I saw where Callie said that - and you did it! Nice job on achieving a gypsy look. And you look quite mysterious. ;)
    I have never worn a shirt on my head before, though there's a first time for everything. :) I'm not sure that I would wear a costume-style outfit to something other than a costume event (though people might consider some of my more vintage outfits as costumes ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! It cracks me up to read your sentence about wearing a shirt on your head{it's such a funny thing to say/type}! Well if I ever get invited to a costume party now I know what to wear! ;)

      Delete
  3. I just looked at your 3 outfit posts again. You did a great job on this challenge. Have you ever seen Tammy and the Bachelor? I am so jealous if you have...I've only seen YouTube clips! You and I both got pretty creative with our final posts. I actually really like how that shirt looks on your head because the print reminds me of a bandana only you can put all your long hair in it. It reminds me a little bit of Rosie the Riveter too! :)

    -Jill
    www.thewizardofoddsandends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jill! Yes I have seen Tammy and the Bachelor; I rented through Netflix. I hope you get a chance to see it; it's such an adorable film! Haha, yes I loved your shirt as a skirt...that was indeed creative...and yet still cute! :) My shirt does remind of Rosie the Riveter, didn't think of that before!

      Delete
  4. Hello again!
    just wanted to drop you a not asking if you've ever received the liebster blog award?
    I've nominated you, but feel free to decline if you don't wish to participate.
    have a great day :)
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you asked because I actually have been nominated by another blog. It was pretty recent and I have yet to post about it but now I will add your nomination to it{that is whenever I post;)} Thank you for nominating me and hope your day is an awesome one too!

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~