Saturday, April 12, 2014

Vintage Finds~Make Up Case

Hello there! I can't believe it's been a whole week since I last posted! For today's post I want to share one of my favorite vintage finds...it's a...you guessed it{or you read the title ;)}...make up case! I found this lovely blue case at one of my favorite local flea markets for only $7.00!

 So lets open the latches to see what's on the inside.
A neat little mirror, a tray to hold all your make up necessities, and pretty fabric adorned with little blue roses! The reflection in the mirror is a little "sneak peak" of my room.
 The neat latches and all the great threading add lovely detail to this pretty blue case.
The handle is probably one of my favorite parts as it just says,"This make up case is vintage!"{Well you know, it would say that if suitcase handles could talk. ;)}

Thought I would include some vintage luggage ads. I love the quirky ad with the penguin! Oh to travel in such style with a beautiful set of luggage, but alas times have changed and now to carry such a suitcase{if it would get passed security} would cost a fortune. I can just picture some lady in her stylish travel ensemble, complete with gloves and a hat, dashing about the airport with such a make up case. It brings an instant smile to my face to think that this pretty{and practical} piece from a bygone era is mine. Hope you enjoyed this post and my ramblings!

If you could go anywhere in the world were would it be? Would you like to travel with vintage luggage? Own any neat vintage pieces{jewelry, books, clothing, luggage, etc.}? Please leave your comments below!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

10 comments:

  1. What a darling makeup case! :) Do you use it? I like the sneak peek into your room too...it looks pretty!
    I would love to go to Ireland someday, but also travel the United States. It would be fun to use vintage luggage!
    As far as vintage pieces go, I have some turquoise clip-on earrings that belonged to a friend's grandmother. That's the only thing off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I used to use it for more of a display with some pretty silver pieces{a hand mirror, a comb, perfume bottles, etc.} but I recently packed those things away. Now I'm going to start using to store something...make up might be it! ;) Thanks, I'm hoping to do a post featuring my room...someday. Ireland is also on my list of places to travel as well as the US. Oooh, your turquoise clip-ons sound lovely; turquoise is one of my favorite colors!

      Delete
    2. That sounds like it was pretty! :) I hope that you find what to put in it.
      Yes, turquoise is lovely! :D

      Delete
    3. Thank you and yes it was pretty, but I am trying to de-clutter my room a bit! You know so I don't have quite so much to dust. ;)

      Delete
  2. aw, its so cute! I love it. The design of the handle is also cute and it appears to be in great shape.
    Always wanted a set of vintage luggage, too. i don't have/wear much much makeup so if i had something like this, i'm afraid it would become more of a junk container. ha. But i love it and i can dream.
    if i could go anywhere in the world... hm thats hard, but i'd have to say the grand canyon.
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is in great shape which is way I thought $7.00 was a steal! I too would love to have an entire set of vintage luggage even if I couldn't take it on a plane. I could however take a set on a road trip...my dream would be to take a road trip say on Route 66 in a vintage car hauling a vintage Airstream trailer. The Grand Cayon would of course have to be included in that trip! Like you said a girl can dream. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! Could that get any cuter? Probably not.....that is ridiculously cute! LOVE it! =D

    Ashley B.
    Like No Other
    www.likenootherfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Ashley in my opinion... No, it can't get any cuter! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Sarah! Thank you for visiting and following my blog! A $2 H&M Maxi, what a score! Thrifting is the best, isn't it?! This makeup case is so lovely! It really makes me want to find one now! I feel like the zipper bags that I have aren't the best for traveling with makeup or skin care items. Thanks for the inspiration and I am excited to follow along your thrifting journey while you follow mine! :) XO Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I sooo love thrifting and it will be tons of fun reading about your thrifting adventures! Hope you find a pretty makeup case soon! ;)

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~