Thursday, May 22, 2014

Yard Sale Finds

Hello there dearies! Just wanted to share some yard sale finds I picked up recently. Going to yard/garage sales with my mom is one of my favorite things to do; I never know what I will find! I haven't been to very many lately{trying to save some cash} but when a church in my neighborhood had one my mom and I just couldn't resist! ;) I found a good many things for less than $5.00{$4.60 to be exact!}

If you've read my 104 list then you know I'm on the lookout for good devotionals and trying to add to my vintage book collection. I was so thrilled to find this Billy Graham daily devotional and this novel printed in 1948 for a $1.00 each. 
I was even more thrilled to get this mini Spanish to English dictionary printed in Germany in 1961. Probably my favorite find out of all the things I bought! Oh and did I mention it was only 10 cents! =D
I got these vintage bangles, pink n' purple necklace, and the pretty black hair clip, all for $1.00!
I'm always on the lookout for little zippered bags because they always seem to come in handy. I picked this one and the clip board up for 25 cents each.

I picked up a bag of sewing notions for a dollar, not only did it include the elastic{will come in handy for when I actually sew some clothing for myself ;)} but a whole bunch of buttons too!
I absolutely adore these cute little figurine buttons, especially the Eskimo and igloo. By the way those two buttons were made in Germany too. 
I can just picture the lady who collected all these darling buttons and little embroidery flowers. They are precious little treasures to me!
Do you like going to yard/garage sales?
What's your favorite thing out of my neat little finds?
Do you collect buttons, books, or bags?
Please leave your comments below!
Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

10 comments:

  1. We it looks like you got some great finds:) I really like the purple necklace you found, and the little dictionary is so cute. And practical too:) recently, I've been going to a lot of garage/estate sales to find things to sell on my eBay and Amazon stores. My favorite things to find are books that are worth alot more than they're being sold for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the dictionary is very practical, maybe I can learn a bit of Spanish with it! ;) I love finding books at yard sales because it's so true, a lot of times they are worth more then what they are sold for. Very neat that you sell things through eBay and Amazon!

      Delete
  2. bunny buttons! i'm seriously in love with those. great finds! its soooo satisfying to get great bargains!
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! What can beat a great bargain?! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, fun finds! :) That book is so tiny! I think my favorite of your finds are all the buttons; though I don't sew, it's fun to look at buttons.
    I'm not really much of a collecter (though I do have many books, most of them weren't of my own purchase), but now have bought four vintage magazines...hm, I must collect those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many buttons! I like to use them for crafting but someday I hope to use them for handmade clothes...someday! ;) Yes it's sounds like you have a collection; would love more vintage magazines!

      Delete
  4. I collect buttons and books. Especially vintage gardening books. By the way, I've nominated you for a Liebster blogger award! You can see my blog for more info.

    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you're a follow collector of books and buttons! Thank you so much for your nomination! =D Hopefully I can take part in it. Love your blog by the way; such a creative and sweet title for it too!

      Delete
  5. What gorgeous yard sale finds Sarah, those buttons are absolutely darling and will be a sweet addition to any future project! I also love the vintage devotionals. My favourite {and only} vintage devotional at the moment is an edition from 1959 entitled "Springs In The Valley". It's a really uplifting book to study, and I can see why you'd want to add to your vintage devotional collection. ♡
    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I actually don't have any "vintage" devotionals but would love too! Your copy sounds lovely!

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~